Thursday, August 5, 2010

For someone who never goes anyplace or does anything...

For someone who never goes anyplace or does anything I sure haven't had a lot of free time this week.  Part of that has been weather related.  Yesterday our big accomplishment on the farm was going to Bunker Hill for a free meal.  We have lots to do but the temperature and humidity is just too high. I know "We have soldiers in ...."  I tried that operating theory last week.  I think they are probably in better physical condition than I am.

No, I'm CERTAIN they are in better physical condition than I am.

Went to Camp last Friday.  Couple boys from town wanted to go but didn't have a ride home.  That's one problem with getting out at 2 Illinois time, working parents often can't get there.  I told them if they could get to camp I'd make sure they were picked up.  Spending a little time with a couple kids you don't normally interact with is interesting. Coming back from Washington I got drowsy.  I needed something from a farm store anyway so we stopped by Tractor Supply.  That's interesting as well, taking a couple non-farm kids to a farm store.

We hopped the river and came up Route 33.  They were fascinated with things like the old school buses with the windows cut out hauling watermelons, the fact people raised fields of sweet corn and water melons and there were you-pick blueberries.  And why DO they detassel corn?  Seeing things from a 10 year old perspective is refreshing at times.

I have a hundred things I ought to do today.  Today started at sun up with an irrigator.  I'm typing this as I eat breakfast.  Excuse the crumbs on the screen.  I took a few photos at camp.  Maybe I can attach them later.

Better run,  Later Y'all.

No comments:

Blog Archive