Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm stuck in Effingham again

Reminds me of a CCR song.  We had been having problems with a fire truck.  It was not running well, losing power, just generally acting weird.  Since we only have 3 trucks it is kind of important.

We took it to Beirnbaum's. They said it needed to see a shop with the correct computer.

  I called Effingham Truck Sales and found their shop is open 24 hours a day.  They said if we could get it there by 10 PM Thursday they would look at it overnight.  So it was off to Effingham and ETS.  We dropped it off and went to Neimerg's for supper

Bad job but someone has to do it.  They called Friday afternoon and said it was ready.  Steve had been over, so I hitched a ride on his way back to Vandalia. They had replaced an injection control module of some kind.  A bit after 6 I headed east.

But I had not gotten out of town when the warn engine light came on again.  Back to ETS.  They poked and prodded and decided it needed another sensor replaced.  Then after a test drive they decided it needed the high pressure oil pump replaced. By now it was late enough I didn't want to ask Sue to come after me and there were no loaner cars available.  So I went to the driver's lounge and slept through most of a movie.  About 1PM I headed east.  Old #3 was running better than it ever did.

But I did sleep in Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh its a tough job but someone had to do it. Good job Mike. So considerate of you not to wake up Sue Hopefully you had prewarned her you might not be home.

Blog Archive